Events occur in real time

Thursday, May 10, 2007

What's better than playoff basketball? Nothing!!!


This is my favorite time of year. Summer is just around the corner and it's time for the NBA playoffs! Even though there are a few select times during the week that I am completely unavailable (*cough*.. Fox Monday night.. *cough*), the playoffs are like the trump card for all other can't-miss TV shows or otherwise prior engagements. There can be no event that prevents me from viewing a television during the playoffs...especially now that we've hit the Second Round.

Our hometown boys, the Utah Jazz, have been doing exceptionally well, and their Second Round series with the Golden State Warriors has been exhilarating, nail-biting, and occasionally scream-inducing. Golden State plays a crazy game of b-ball, and Utah is one of the few teams capable of keeping up with them. After two games, Utah is leading 2-0. With the winner facing the winner of the Spurs/Suns series in the Western Conference Finals, Utah has a great shot at the 2007 NBA Finals.

I'm sure some of you will remind me that I'm a Kings fan (cut me some slack, I'm talkin' 2001 Western Conf Finals with L.A.....Bibby-Webber-Christie-Stojakavic-VladeD. era), I gotta give it up to the Utah boys. They play some smart ball, and when they are on, they are on fire! And I dig cheering like crazy when Okur hits those threes. I wanna see the finger-blowing magic of his in the Finals!

Reminder: Never attempt to call or distract me during Game 3, 4, 5, etc...you can come over and hang out, but only if you're willing to yell and scream at the TV with me! However, if you can round up tickets to the games, you may call every thirty seconds until I answer. If they make it to the Western Conference Finals, I may be open to negotations of life-time servitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home