Events occur in real time

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Strike A Pose!

I can now officially say I shook my little tush on the catwalk. (10 points to whomever can name that tune! or the lyric in this post title!)

Last Thursday, I was a model in the fashion show at the North Utah County Women in Business Conference. No points to Macey's for organization (they lost our clothes the night before!), but it was actually way fun to stroll out on the patio and twirl for 200 pairs of eyes. Every girl has an innate hip-sashaying supermodel inside, but most of us only showcase that side when we're alone in front of our full-length mirror. (I would venture that a few guys do it too...c'mon admit it...you flex and fire the imaginary clicky-hand-guns at the mirror too.) But it's not often we do it in public.

As my mom says, I've liked the spotlight since birth, so I thought it was super-fun to strut my stuff. I'm so glad I get such fun opportunities with my job. Plus now I can laugh at the memory of running across the gardens in between clothing changes in my heels trying to get my jacket buttoned. It's a small miracle I didn't trip and end up sprawled out across the stone fountain!

4 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

small miracle?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Al said...

Have you met me? It's not often I get through a day without a stain, bruise, or bump of some kind.

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you understand sarcasm?

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Al said...

not well. I don't like it. But they don't pass out large miracles to prevent tripping. I don't think....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home